I forgot that my photographer was going to the fair after cross country so I am only fitting in one review today. Here is the long merino cardigan in bronzed twig IRL. I was in a hurry out the door today so this is it done very casually. The fabric is really soft and although it is thin it is not sheer or "snaggy". I bought this in a medium (true size) and it fits perfect and is buttonable without button pulling gaps. The sleeves are pretty long but the extra long ribbing makes it easy to scrunch.
I also really like this color but I may invest in more if I find myself going to this alot (but not until after July of course)
Now for my no shopping in July ban. Here are my personal rules and stategies:
1. No retail shopping for myself. That simple. I do not count skincare, make-up, nailpolish, etc into that.
2. I will avoid my sale emails and browsing through my favorite store websites.
3. I will not visit my danger zones. No browsing through the mall on my breaks, no trips to Target when I can get what I need at WalMart, etc.
4. I made myself four exclusions: The first three are old J Crew items that I am always searching for. If one is found I won't deprive myself. That said, it is highly unlikely. The fourth is if the Cantebury Bells Pencil Skirt goes on sale. I had hoped it would have by now and I have a feeling it may not make it to sale but just in case, I don't want to miss out. That said, I will allow myself to check on the availabilty of these items each day but only on a search for that item. No broad browsing at all J Crew skirts, etc. That may be too tempting.
5. The LOFT. This is a hard one. Working in a retail store and not being able to buy anything will be tough but I got to see a sneak peak of the fall line coming out at the end of July/beginning of August so I will keep those items in mind when I feel weak. There is some good stuff!
If you have some additional strategies and/or tips please feel free to share!