Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

 Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Between my parents being in town and gearing up for the holiday crowds at work things have been even crazier then normal (I wasn't sure that was even possible). Now it is over and I can breathe a sigh of relief until tomorrow when it is time to start finalizing Christmas planning ;)

Here is what I wore on Thanksgiving (excuse the super duper pale legs). These are all recent J Crew purchases (besides the shoes which are older and off eBay) and I love them all seperately and together. The Sunnie Pencil Skirt is sold out online but it didn't hit stores until recently so it shouldn't be too hard to find (hopefully).
Patent Tortoise Juliets-J Crew

Here is a picture of the table before they all dug in (that is sparkling apple cider in the wine glasses, just as an FYI).
I didn't get to do the Black Friday shopping thing because I was working it but I did do a little online sale shopping. I picked up the Wii Fit and some J Crew goodies. I was able to combine the extra 25% promo with the 40% off factory and made out pretty nicely. There were so many other things I wanted but the budget would not allow it.

TURKEY




And here are a few outfits I wore last week that I didn't get IRL pictures of (sorry). For anyone considering the lace tee-get it. I LOVE it and I have had zero problems with the lace snagging:


11.22.10



Lace tee love



Dotted



Lace Tee


Did you brave the Black Friday crowds or score any great deals??

18 comments:

Annie said...

Love your Thanksgiving ourfit! The colors are so beautiful on you. I bought the Sunnie skirt weeks ago but have not worn it yet....I'm totally going to copy your outfit.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You look great in the Sunnie pencil skirt. I had to go into the office on Friday, but I took advantage of the JC factory sale and the extra 25% off.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your tortoise Juliets on ebay? I have recently decided I really want a pair, and am wondering what would be a reasonable price based on what you saw on Ebay. Thanks!

Peggy said...

You look super awesome in your Thanksgiving outfit! Love those colors on you! (OK, just read the 1st comment - she said the exact same thing - I'm not copying, honest, I thought the same thing!!)

None said...

You do look great in your Thanksgiving outfit, and I like the others, too. The lace tee is very nice looking.

textbookcase said...

Glad to hear from you! You look great. Love all of the outfits you pulled together.

TaraMixandMatch said...

Love, Love, Love the outfit! Its super festive without being over the top!

triciathomas said...

I love the outfit it's the perfect mix of color for the holiday! I also am so impressed at how beautiful your table looks! I did shop on black Friday and went WAAAAY overboard!

Savoir Affaire said...

I think your table setting was beautiful!

Lise Marie said...

I love your table setting! YOur outfit is amazing and i need to buy it! I will have to do some looking because this skirt is obviously popular. But you look great. I am so glad I found your blog!

http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2010/11/im-baaaaaack.html

Pamela said...

Your Thanksgiving table looks lovely!

I did a little shopping at Target on Friday and then a bit of online shopping today. Nothing over the top. I just won some 2007 J.Crew items on ebay and am anxiously awaiting their arrival this week :)
Your pencil skirt is so cute. I love the colors.

Jenni said...

What a great spread and table for Thanksgiving! Love your cute T-day outfit...perfect fall colors. I've totaly had my eye on that lace tee and was wondering what the fit is like. It looks super boxy but a little short. WHat did you think?

Jan Russell said...

Prettiest hostess ever, LOVE how you paired your reindeer tee! And your table looks fantastic, I know I'd love to pull up a chair!

amy kelinda said...

Oooo, I love that skirt on you! You look so perfect for autumn and Thanksgiving! The table is GORGEOUS, too! Wow! You need to give me some table decorating tips, haha!

Unknown said...

Beautiful table. You look great in the Sunnie skirt. I posted irl pics today and added your link.

Debye said...

Thanks everyone! You are all welcome to come on over and join us anytime ;)

Andrea-I paid more then I wanted to. I think $129 but after looking for a year and realizing that I wanted them enough that I would buy them in store for that price, I finally caved.

Jenni-the Lace Tee does have a boxy cut but the fabric is really soft so it falls really nicely. I have also worn it tucked into a pencil skirt and it looks great that way too!

GiGi-thanks for the link love!

Anonymous said...

WOW--you really POP in the RED sweater! Luve the red lipstick on you! You're such a foxy lady!

Anonymous said...

Love that sunnie skirt, so pretty

Joe Blow said...

Just jacked off to the pic of you in that plaid skirt