Thursday, December 9, 2010

Some J Crew Fitting Room Reviews

Today I had two returns to make at J Crew which means return shopping...whoo hoo! Perfect timing with the 25% off promo on all purchases over $150. Today was one of those days when I liked everything I grabbed and if my budget had allowed they may have all come home with me.

Bright Dahlia Wool Lolli Pants $118 (Size 8) These pants have been all the buzz since gracing the catalog. I hadn't thought too much about them since I usually gravitate to skirts but when I saw them in store I had to try them out. They are so comfortable and the color is stunning. What I didn't expect is that they are lightweight and unlined which works well for me (since it doesn't get too cold in San Diego). I found the fit TTS. I used to wear a 6 in their pants but since I have gained some weight the 8's are much better (I always have worn and 8 in the skirts though go figure). The 6's would have fit but they didn't have any left and I honestly think the 8 will work better anyways.

Silk Bloussana Tunic $98 (Size 6) When I first tried this on my initial thought was no way...the sleeves are a bit poofy at the shoulders but that lasted under a minute and I really fell for this top. It is soft and flowy and fits TTS.
This is a new dress that was in the store in denim and a soft pink. I don't see it online yet but the price was $128. Call me crazy but I like this one. I would never wear it bare legged like this but I can see it with leggings and riding boots.....once it goes on sale that is. $128 for a casual dress is too much for me. This is a size 8. I found it TTS if not a little small

 Starry Night Cardigan $128 (size M)-this cardigan is gorgeous IRL. It is really light and although it is a jersey knit you would never know just by looking at it. This runs a little large. Small would have worked better but my store didn't have any. I tried on a XS but the arms were too tight.

Lace Rows Tank on sale for $69.99 (Size 8). This runs TTS, I usually wear a 6 in these tops but they only had an 8 left. I like this top a lot  better then the Lace Love Tank I returned. I didn't find it too boxy but is is a looser fit through the waist

 Drapey Sequin Tee $79.50 (Size Small). I really loved this tee. It sold out online but there were plenty in the store in this colorway. The fit is great and I was able to size down easily. One thing though....it is itchy. In fact the lady in line in front of me was returning hers for that exact reason.
 Here is what I wore shopping:
J Crew Perfect Fit Striped Boatneck Tee
LOFT double breasted jacket with patch pockets
J Crew denim Pencil Skirt
J Crew Tortoise Juliette Heels

And here is a little bonus I found when checking out. The glass ornament earrings  for $14.99. With the current promotion they came to $11.24 down from $50. Woo Hoo
Are you planning on shopping this promo? I would have passed if it weren't for the returns...hard to justify shopping for myself this close to Christmas......

21 comments:

shopwithm said...

Those pants and the sequin tee are amazing on you Debye!! Thanks for all the pictures. What a score on those earrings too. I went in for a huge load of returns today, but didn't have time to check out all the new items. I didn't even see the pink pants there, so maybe they were sold out at my store. They totally appeal to me, but I know the CPW wouldn't be so great, alas. Love your OOTD.

Anonymous said...

I'm going in to JC soon to return some sweaters from the GIFTS promo. I really would like to try these pants on. You look fabulous in them them, BTW! And the Blousanna is on my try on list too. I hope my B&M has those 2 items.

The Handbag Aficionado said...

GREAT bargain on the earrings!

Anonymous said...

I did some returning and shopping at J. Crew today too. I love that starry night cardi, it's beautiful! Looks so good on you.

Molly said...

Debye, thanks for the reviews. Is the dress part of the Spring line? Really cute. Also, love the starry night cardi.

Pamela said...

Everything looked great on you!! I can see where you would be so tempted. Thanks for the heads up about the sequin tee. I'm not even bothering!

Jenni said...

That first outfit is so cute on you girl!! Love the color of the pants with that top. ANd holy cow, what a great deal on those earrings! Love your cute outfot today...stripes on stripes...you rock it perfectly!! I won't be shoping this promo but there are lots of things to keep my eye on for future sales!

fidele said...

It's all great on you, but especially the tunic and pink pants and the dress!!!!

Generation Kvetch said...

The clothes look great on you, esp the Loli pants. Gorgeous.

I am laughing at your boys' heads popping out of the stroller! ; )

Anonymous said...

I liked what you WORE shopping better than anything you tried on! smile
The lolli pants are cute but the length could be just a smidge longer, IMHO! smile
Thanks for the reviews!

Anonymous said...

Those pants are amazing on you! You look like you should be hosting a cocktail party in Palm Springs. Do you remember the JC catalog from a few years ago that they shot at an historic Palm Springs house? You would so fit in there!

Christina said...

love the pants...look great on you...and then sequin top fits you perfectly! thanks for the reviews.

audreybella said...

I couldn't stop thinking about these pants after trying them on yesterday and then seeing them on you! I went back this morning, right when the store opened no less, and grabbed them. I'm planning on wearing them to two parties.

TaraMixandMatch said...

I LOVE those pants...too bad I'm so short...they look awesome on you though :)

Unknown said...

I love what you wore shopping striped mixed with stripes is fabulous!

Zanna said...

The sequin top id to die for...even if it makes you feel like your wearing a live animal! :)
http://mylifemylovemysong.blogspot.com/

Cydney said...

HA! I love how your son is so patient while you shoot pictures in the dressing room. Adorable. :)

mack said...

Desperately trying to decide on the Lollis... can you let me know what you decided on sizing? I saw on Ema's blog that you did purchase them... do they stretch? did you size up? :)

Thanks!!

mackenzie_0007 at yahoo dot com (or I'll sub here)

Debye said...

Mack-sorry for the delay. I had to wear my Lollo pants yesterday to check on the strtching. I purchased mine in my true size which is normally one size up from my J Crew pants but the same as the skirts (go figure). So instead of a 6 in the pants(which can be a little tight lately after the holidays anyways) I went up to an 8.

anywhoooo....I like them a little looser, I think that is the wasy they are supposed to fit. They barely stretched out on me. Enough to keep them comfy but not enough to lose the fit and style. Hopefully that helps a little ;)

The Short Girl said...

I love you "starry night" cardigan! All of these outfits are really cute! Great blog!

diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! I realize you may have already bought it, but today I saw the tiered denim dress in size 6 at the Indianapolis store 317-848-2739. There was only one for $29.99? It's hanging in the sale section with some striped dresses.