Wednesday, May 16, 2012

J Crew New Arrivals May/June 2012 Fitting Room Reviews

Sooo.... before I start let me explain a little. At some point I realized this was the last school year that my youngest two boys would still be home so I had some refocusing and downsizing to do on my time and how I was spending it. So the blog was one of things put aside. Additionally, I changed my email and was not aware that people were leaving comments on my accidental and sporadic Polyvore posts. So if you emailed, posted a comment, etc and were ignored by me....I am truly sorry. To make up my long absence I thought I'd start with a dressing room post ;)

Jardin Maxi Skirt (Size 4) $118: I consider(ed) myself a true 6 now but they were out of 6's so I tried on a 4 and it fit well. If you can wear two J Crew sizes, Id go with your smaller on this. I really loved this beautiful mint color and the feel and cut of the skirt is the same as my other Jardin's in the shorter length. This fabric was still poofy but it fell nicely so it didn't add bulk and the length was great. I am about 5'9" and it was still long enough to not look off. Overall opinion, super cute I just didn't love it enough at that price so I will wait for a sale.
Keeper Chambray (Size 4) $78. I don't know why I never bring this shirt home with me. I really do love it but I am not sure if I should do a 4 or a 6. One day this shirt will be mine, it goes with everything.
 Silk Bow Cami in Stripe (Size 6) $98. I thought that I'd fall in love with this top but I really didn't. It was just okay. It didn't feel or look stripe although the solid version in brilliant purple looked stunning IRL, I just didn't try it on. It fit TTS if not a little small. It wasn't very flowy and untucked it was boxy. I may reconsider during a sale but probably not.

Featherweight Cotton Cardigan (Size Small) $65 Looks like this color may be in-store only. Really nice lightweight. If you wear your cardigans open you may want to size down, if you wear them closed I would say its TTS. I didn't fall in love with this style but I would probably get one or two for the summer.

Number 2 Pencil Skirt in Neon Tweed (Size 6) $128 (on sale online for $98) I love the colors of this skirt, it is neon without the flashing signs. A more subtle foray into the neon trend. This shape did nothing for me and the 6 felt a little tight (or maybe my PS had grabbed a smaller size....wishful thinking). I really like the newer tweed skirts fit better (later in this post)
 Ella Dress in Porcelain Paisley (Size 6)  $298. I don't wear strapless dresses very often but if you do, check this one out. It really is beautiful and very well constructed plus it has pockets. I love this porcelain print, it reminds me of antique china, and the fabric they have it on is almost quilted up close while still being lightweight. Very comfortable and easy to move in.
 Midsummer Maxi Dress in Raj Paisley (Size 6) $198 I have had my eye on this dress for sometime and was so excited to try it on. It impressed and disappointed me all at once. I really loved the print and the fit but it was a little short-not deal breaker short, but I wish it had a few more inches. The real disappointing part was the fabric at that price point. It is a very light cotton yet it was priced $10 higher then the Director Dress (reviewed below) which was a much higher quality.
 Minnie Pants in Stretch Twill (Size 4)  $89.50. I love the deep orchid color! They were a little short on me, I'll have to order the tall online eventually.

Sailor Boatneck Tee (Size Small) $45  This top reminded me of the vintage bateau top from a few years ago that I loved. Highly recommend! Runs TTS, not like some of the other J Crew knits
 Director Dress in bi-stretch wool (Size 4) $188. I have been drooling over this dress online and in the blogging world. First I am a HUGE fan of the bright dahlia color and second, a dress with real short sleeves is hard to find. Since I don't wear sleeveless this is much appreciated in the summers so I don't have to layer! I was so ecstatic to find this in store but they didn't have my size so I tried the 4 and it fit perfect...yay! It is not a heavy wool and it is very stretchy and well made. This dress is worth the price point (although it would always be nicer if it were lower)

 No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Caribbean Tweed (Size 6) $128. I liked everything about the skirt. The cut was very flattering (especially for tweed) and the greens are really soft and summery. I felt this one fit very TTS.

Camp Popover In Stripe (Size 4) $69.50 I don't usually go with popovers but I really liked this one. Very lightweight  but it ran a little large, This is a 4 and it fit perfectly with plenty of room to blouse.
 Drapey Elbow-Sleeve Tee in Stripe (size small) $39.50 I loved this color combo, we haven't seen this one and it's fresh and perfect for summer. It is shorter in length then a lot of their knits.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double Serge Cotton (Size 6) $89.50. On these skirts wear a 6 if I want to keep it looser, a 4 if I plan on belting. The succulent green in pretty enough but I prefer the warm jade...it's a little bolder and brighter'

Elephant Pendant $68
 No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Porcelain Paisley (Size 4) $158- Again they were already sold out of the size 6 but the four fit perfectly. The fabric is the same as the dress and is so stretchy and comfortable. When I put on this skirt I did not want to take it back off.....I loved it that much. I do want to note that the pattern is not lined up perfectly on the sides (see shot below) which I wish J Crew would try harder to do more consistently but it wasn't too far off.

 Workwear Shirtdress (Size 6) $118. I knew this would be too short for me but my PS had put it in the room so I decided to try it on for blog purposes. The 6 was a little baggy but the 4 would have been wayyy too short.

and here it is belted......the boys are really ready to go at this point.

And lastly, here was today's OOTD:

Eden Cardigan- J Crew
Tortoise Belt- J Crew

26 comments:

AppGal said...

Welcome back! We have missed you :) And what a great post to come back to...I always loved your fitting room reviews! Thanks for all of the pics and feedback. The pencil skirts look great on you.

TaraMixandMatch said...

So glad to see you back! I have so missed your adorable outfits!

Maren Meade said...

Yes, you were missed! So glad you're back!

Debye said...

thanks so much, I have missed you all too ;)

Jan Russell said...

Hello smokin' hot mama! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! So happy you are posting again :)

JulieStyles said...

You have been missed. Thanks for the awesome reviews. You look amazing! The boys in the background are hysterical!

Slastena said...

Great reviews, I am so jealous of the dress. I can't wear strapless I have to size up 3 or 4 sizes for the chest and then of course it does not fit on the bottom. I absolutely love the porcelain print.

Debye said...

Jan:speaking of hot mama's-congratulations on your baby GIRL! I wish my body bounced back as quickly as yours!

JulieStyles: ah, thank-you and yes, I agree they are totally hysterical! Each picture is a new scenario for what they were doing while I tried on clothes!

Debye said...

Slastena- I have the exact opposite problem! I recently bought the betty ruched swim tank and laughed so hard because my tatas were no where near filling up the small!

Andrea @ Tweed and Toile said...

Great reviews...Thanks! Everything looks fabulous on you! You make me want one of each! :o)

Meg said...

Welcome back! I've missed your outfit updates!

shopwithm said...

Hooray! Welcome back! Great review and everything looks gorgeous on you. You look really amazing,truly. Missed you!

Milljcrew said...

Welcome back and thank you for the reviews. You look FANTASTIC!!! I need your secret :))))

JustVisiting said...

Wow! You looked amazing before...Kudos on your new figure! I wish I could be so disciplined to shed extra lbs.

I love the twill minnies too, and ended up with them in tall. The black will be perfect with boots in the fall.

Love all your reviews and count me in the Bright Dahlia fan club...just secured four more items in this beautiful color (including the Director dress, which I'm 99.9% sure a Fox morning news anchor has worn twice in the past two weeks).

Hexicon said...

You look great! I have and love the Director dress.

MMM said...

Welcome back!! And thanks for the reviews!
You must share your fitness/weight loss secret(s) with us! You look fabulous!!! =)

Debye said...

Thanks for all your welcome wishes and ego boosting compliments. I will share my weight loss/fitness routine later this week ;)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post! I entertained ideas of coming by but ended up running late. I figured you would have been long gone but by the look of all of your reviews, you were probably still there. Your boys are adorable. I know mine would have made so much noise, we would have had to leave. My youngest's volume knob is stuck on LOUD. You look amazing in every item!
Mechelle

Debye said...

thanks Mechelle, I had an eye out for you but Vicki said you weren't there! My two little guys are pretty well trained (and bribed)for shopping trips. Next year they will be in Kindergarten and it will be much easier (and quieter). One day we will have a J Crew shopping party with Vicki

audreybella said...

So glad you are back. I love all these on you and am so excited to try the Porcelain Paisley items.

I was laughing through your pics at the boys. You can see their progression of getting antsy and wanting to go. Ha Ha.

Debye said...

AudreyBella- they were definitely ready to go by the end! You'll love the porcelain paisley and I'll be looking for your styling ideas ;)

Unknown said...

Yay, you're back! Yes, you are looking phenomenal. So good to see your great reviews. Looking forward to more & any fitness info you have. I seem to be more of a collector of info in that regard than do-er, but I'll get there... ;)

Anonymous said...

Putting the BLOG ASIDE for your FAMILY--I would say that's a good choice alll the way!

From the PICS you look like you did in fact shrink a size!!! All your try-ons look "MODEL PERFECT" except the Raj Paisley--too short tall lady! Thanks for the dressing room pics!

Kelsey said...

Debye dear, I think you look lovely, and I am so glad you are back to blogging. I havent checked your blog in quite some time, but happened t check today, and glad I did, lots of new stuff!
-K

Anonymous said...

Wow...those poor kids.

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm.....your kids seem bored and too big to be seeing you undress fifty times, all close up. Weird.