Thursday, July 22, 2010

Flutter Silk Dress (4 ways to wear it)

When I go into work tomorrow I will try to get you some more answers to yesterdays comments on Loft's new arrivals but for today I thought I'd post some ideas for the Flutter Silk Dress .

This dress is the only red item I own. I have nothing against red just somehow the only red I still had in my closet were shoes. This dress is so comfortable and honestly, it is stunning on it's own but since I don't go sleeveless I needed to come up with some styling ideas.

cardigan: Banana Republic
belt: Banana Republic
shoes: Bandolino

white military jacket: LOFT
necklace: LOFT
belt: Banana Republic
shoes: Mootsies Tootsies

San Remo Cardigan: J Crew
gold belt: J Crew
shoes:??? (don't think these actually work but the natives were getting restless)

here Cooper is crying because he thinks I am dressing to go somewhere and he wants to go too!
Sweater Coat: LOFT lounge
Belt: Kohls
Shoes: Mootsies Tootsies

17 comments:

sparrowsandsparkles said...

very pretty! I love that Loft Lounge sweater coat :)

Taryn said...

so pretty, I love that color on you.

Jenni said...

IT's so super cute!!! I love it--you should wear red more often...it looks great on you! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love this, wasn't impressed by the pictures from LOFT but the ways you have styled it are amazing. Very much a transistional piece that can go from Summer to Fall.

I am definetely holding you responsible for my newfound love of all things LOFT!

szmom said...

The cut and color of the dress look gorgeous on you. Cooper is adorable!

AppGal said...

Your son is just so cute! I love it when they get in on the pictures :) Beautiful dress; I love how you've styled it!

Anonymous said...

awww, poor cooper, look at how he wore his right slipper....
but you look great in red. -- ann

Unknown said...

Such a great dress. You look lovely :)

Elaine said...

I love the color!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Anonymous said...

I loved the way you styled the dress! I also don't like wearing sleeveless dresses/shirts, so I really enjoyed looking how you paired it with the cardigans and jacket.

Regarding the style book at LOFT stores - will a SA show us the style book if we're in the B&M store?

A said...

You look wonderful. I love it styled with the black sweater.
So cute how your son put on his right flip flop - kids! I love it!

triciathomas said...

I love you in red!! The black top is very chic and perfect for going out! You need to get more red items for sure!

Pamela said...

That is the scene stealer dress for me right now at that store. It looks awesome on you. That is a great color for you. I love you mixed it up and gave us different options.

Poor Cooper :(

Debye said...

Thanks everyone, I am glad you all like the dress too!

Anonymous: the SA's can definitely show you the style books!

anna said...

i actually love the shoes in look #3. but look #2 is my favorite! this really is a versatile dress! and you look gorgeous in it!

Jan Russell said...

You hit the jackpot with this shade of red - it's true perfection on you! LOVE the dress and it was very well worth using your return money on! Gorgeous!

modernmom said...

You are just way too cute. :)