Friday, June 18, 2010

Some J Crew Reviews.......


There has been a lot of buzz about the shimmer crinkle shell, thruth be told it will have to grow on me. I sized down on this one (which I ofen do on their tanks) and I am not sure if I should have. I think if it were looser maybe the ruching would be more relaxed...hmmmm. Pros: The color and shine is so pretty. All of the colors  (there is one more blushy gold color that is in store only) were beautiful but I went with the carbon because I thought it went best with my skin tone. The length makes this easy to wear with skirts...oh, and it is comfy!Cons: there is a lot of ruching  on the sides so you tend to feel a little lumpy, it is like adding some muffin top/rolls on the side. The length also seems short to me compared to a lot of the tanks. Depending on your height, this may be good or bad.  I also sized down in the cardigan because I plan on wearing it open and I have heard that the featherweight cotton will stretch out over time.

No big shocker, I love this boatneck tee! I sized down because well, my store had run out of Mediums and the fit was fine. These are so comfy and flattering. I have a small chest so I don't have to worry about horizontal stripes as much as those who are bustier. And the necklace....don't get me started. I just love it and it is the perfect amount of statement without being overwhelming to what you are wearing. And since it is clear....it matches everything! Cooper wanted to be in the picture with his one shoe on and his new Cars bandaid....his shirt is Mini Boden in case you were wondering :o)

And here is the other colorway in the boatneck tee. Told you I love it...I took a cue from Cooper and am actually only wearing one shoe too. Truth is, it was in my car and I didn't feel like running out to get it.

And lastly, here is a picture of the tee untucked so you can see the length. For me, the length is perfect but I can see how those who are petitie...cough...cough...JAN...cough.....might find it too long!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Father's Day! My husband tore his ACL in his knee so we are just going to pamper him at home with Spam Burgers (don't ask) and lemon meringue pie.

17 comments:

Peggy said...

you and the pencil skirt go sooo well together!! Love your necklace! I think you saw my knock-off version on my blog yesterday! Poor hubby. Take good care of him!

Jessica said...

Everything looks great on you! I love that striped tee and prism necklace especially. And LOL about the one shoe!

triciathomas said...

Love all three!!! I want that shimmer crinkle shell!!! I ordered the Bateau top and now I want the boatnecked striped tee!!! I think I should get a gift for Father's day!!!

Debye said...

Peggy- your knock-off version was so cute! I have a little problem with my pencil skirt obsession but that's okay because I love 'em!

Jessica-ahhh...thanks! The striped tee with the necklace were my favs too!

Tricia-what? You don't get a present for yourself on Father's Day? I get one on all special occasions ;) I have the bateau top but this one is different, it is a clingier, softer knit so you can totally justify having them both!

Lorraine said...

Love the outfits! I'm going to have to check out that striped tee. It looks great on you. Your little boy is adorable!

Kelly said...

Oo I love that striped tee with the olivey-colored skirt. I am going to have to copy you.

A said...

Love it all! I have to try on the Crinkle shell:) You look incredible in pencil skirts:)

Jan Russell said...

Omigoodness, lol - I can always tuck!!!! I am loving the sepia and carbon together - what a great combination! I also got that cardi on sale, and I adore it. If I looked as great as you do in a pencil skirt, I'd own a hundred! Heck, treat yourself to another one for Father's Day ;) ;)

Trainer Momma said...

Where did you get your white jeans? I am totally digging your blog...

mommydearest said...

Those white jeans look AMAZING on you!!! Thanks for the reviews!

RunningOnCoffee said...

Great outfits, as usual!
Do you think the sepia cardigan would match that orangish brownish color in the Sunshine peonies pencil skirt?

None said...

The boatneck t-shirt looks great on you in both colors!

Debye said...

TrainerMomma-the white jeans are actually Elle brand from Kohls!

Mollywaffles-yes!!! The cardigan does go well with the neapolitan skirt!

Pamela said...

Oooh, I love each of those striped skirts. And considering I have those same skirs, you just provided me with two other outfits to wear!

You always look great, one shoe or two :)

A Bigger Closet said...

I love all of your outfits - you have great style. The boatneck tees are so flattering on you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debye, I'm am thinking of getting either the boatneck tee or the vintage bateau top. Which would you recommend between the two? Love your blog!! Kathleen

Ran said...

I am so jealous of how gorgeous you look in pencil skirts! The longer JCrew ones look perfect on you, whereas they are way too long on me and I can only really pull off the shorter ones. I really really wish I could pull off the double serge pencil skirts as amazingly as you!