Monday, October 18, 2010

Checks and Tears...oops I mean Tiers

Happy Monday! The weather here has been wonderfully dreary so I have been taking full advantage! Here is what I wore to a casual dinner with the LOFT gals for a baby shower:

I actually ended up trading out my yellowish boyfriend sweater from the GAP for a more fitted one from J Crew. I didn't snap a picture but here is the Polyvore:
yesterdays OOTD



And here is what I am wearing today. The chiffon tiered tank is always a great camoflauge on bloated days and the length is great for leggings and skinny jeans (and cords here). Today I went grocery shopping and baked so comfort was key. These cords definitely fit the bill.

Have any of you caved on the extra 30 promo at J Crew yet??? I was good and just picked up the merino silvana cardigan I tried on here
Jackie Cardigan in San Dune-J Crew
Ivory Chiffon Tiered Tank-J Crew
Aluminum Matchstick Cords-J Crew
Kady Boots-Target
And because I am such a proud mama I just had to share a picture of Jonas before his first Homecoming Dance. They grow too fast....

13 comments:

TaraMixandMatch said...

I really love the checked shirt...I have been looking for one myself :) And the boots with cords look great! Cords are another thing on my wish list!

Enter my giveaway for an adorable pair of Banana Republic gloves!
MixandMatchFashion

Peggy said...

Yah!! Your Kaden boots! I've been waiting for their appearance! They look great! Jonas looks so handsome! I will cry when my boys are that old! wahhhh

Jessica said...

Super cute looks! I love the cords especially and need to get a pair stat! And Jonas is so handsome!

Kelsey said...

Love both outfits. You make a "bloated" day look awesome....wish I was having a better "bloated" day! I wore pj pants most of the day, but when I left the house I wore some baggy cargos and a swetaer to cover up..but got right back into my pj pants!Isn't this weather great? An excuse to stay home!

Unknown said...

You always color & layer well.

Homecoming? Stop the clock!

Deco Aurora said...

Your son looks so nice and handsome :) Wish there were guys like that when I was that age.

I live in O.C. and it's been dreary here as well, I heard there is a storm coming from Baja towards SD ohh no. Better bundle up :)

Eleanor ~ Shopping The Closet said...

He looks so suave and debonaire!
I can definitely see where he gets his sense of style from ;)!

triciathomas said...

Your son is one handsome guy!! I cannot believe you have a kid old enough to go to homecoming!!! I adore those matchstick cords I just got the Anthro pilcro and am thinking I may need some J-Crew cords as well!!

mommydearest said...

Jonas is so handsome! Congratulations :)

Ha, we should all be so lucky to look that good on a bloated day!

Rose said...

Awwww... sorry to see you crying!

I love the colour of that 'sand dune' cardi!

Slastena said...

Jonas is too handsome for words.:) Yeah, I am with MAggie- where the boys like THIS were when I was younger? Hmm.. And you look fab as usual! What a picture perfect family you have, never seen a pic that did not make me smile.

Anonymous said...

hi can you tell me where you got your black and white gingham shirt?? :)

Debye said...

It is the buffalo check boy shirt from J Crew