Monday, September 20, 2010

Styling the LOFT Cowl Neck Dress in Nut

I really love the Cowl Neck Sweater Dress on- it is very flattering, especially for a sweater dress. Because of the higher waist it accentuates the smaller upper waist and  doesn't grab around your tummy which is much appreciated by me! I don't think the fit is very clearly reflected on the website on the rail thin models with too big of sizes. There is a ribbed waistline right under where your bra lies and it doesn't look so droopy. It does not need a belt since it does have the ribbing but it is always fun to add one for a more put together look.

I was excited when Sydney at PetiteGorgeous asked for some styling ideas for the nut color. I find most of my clients prefer this color over the grey but think that the brown may be too hard to style. On the LOFT website they have it styled with chocolate tights and shoes, I wanted to show a few ways to combine it with black and denim. I had this dress on hold but now I am going to buy it tonight. I remember it being TTS if not a little big. I was able to wear my TS (Medium) and a Small comfortably but I believe I went with the Medium for length. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow ;)


Cowl Neck Dress
Cowl Neck Dress by modestlyme featuring hobo handbags

You can see the collection on Polyvore here

8 comments:

Petite Gorgeous said...

Thank you so much for putting these outfits together using Polyvore! I certainly would not have thought about pairing the nut color with black thighs/legging, but it appears that doing so might just work. I love the pop of pink in the second set. I did not think about pairing the dress with denim either. So you see you've given me much inspirations to play around with the dress! :).

Peggy said...

That dress is so pretty!! Love your sets!

AppGal said...

I have really been eyeing this dress, so I can't wait to see IRL pics of it. Thanks for the outfit inspirations!

Midwestern Mama said...

Love the outfits! How would the dress fit on someone with lots o hips? I'm afraid I would look like a sausage :)

Jenni said...

I definitely want to see some IRL pics of this dress...it's really cute in theory but I don't know if it's me or not. That being said, I really love how you have it styled in all these sets!

modernmom said...

Debye, I LOVE looking at your pairings. I wake up every morning, and check the dashboard to see if there is anything new. I also love Anthropologie, but the nearest store is 2 hours from me, and the Loft is 2 miles. ;) Thanks for showing us cute ways to snaz up their things. Keep it up! :)

triciathomas said...

I now *want/need* that dress!! So versatile!

Kelsey said...

You got a blog award, Debye...from me. ;)