Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Loft Sunburst Jaquard Skirt

I played dress up tonight for Amers72 who wanted some styling ideas for the Sunburst Jaquard Skirt.

First up....color!This is an older tank from the Loft that I love because of the satin pleated bib and the rich blue color. I paired it with a Jackie in Breeze. I picked up the moondrops necklace at BR the other day, it reminds me of the rock candy sticks I used to get at the candy store at Disneyland. I would probably wear patent nude pumps with this but since they are not in my possession yet, my Vera sandals had to stand in.
They say that pale is in this year so I went with it. I have an ivory embellished tee from the loft, a chalk merino flutter bow cardigan from J Crew and three J Crew necklaces to add some interest. I also think this skirt would look good with a solid button up but I forgot to try it out.
While I was playing around with tonal colors, I decided to put this outfit together with the Loft's Sequin Detail Cardi, the Zoey Lame Tank from J Crew (old but always on eBay), some Martin fit pants from Banana Republic and my favorite statement necklace, J Crew's Bubble Necklace
Okay, back to pj's now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the tonal look w/the sunburst skirt. I thought you already have the patent nude Adivas or something similar. Thought I saw it w/the sunshine peony skirt.

Really love the tonal look w/the silver tones. Lovely!

Amy said...

THANKS! Love the looks. Off to check out my closet to see if I can recreate the first look. Will have to do some shopping to recreate the 2nd.

amy kelinda said...

Ooooo, I really love the second outfit! The all nude-peachy look really works because there are such interesting textures at play with the different fabrics and embellishments. It's so understatedly beautiful!

Jan Russell said...

I'm loving the neutrals, too - so soft and pretty! And I'll totally be eyeing that BR necklace next time I am at the store armed with my coupons!