I have had a problem with self control and shopping this past week (or two) and my bank account is showing it. Now I am going to get back on the shopping within my budget wagon. But first, let me share some of my recent purchases.
Sequin Detail Cardigan $59.50
I haven't seen this in a store yet but I fell in love with it online. It reminds me of J Crew's Shrunken Sequin Cardigan mixed with the Twisted Chiffon Cardigan.
Sunburst Jaquard Skirt $79.50
I kind of broke my own rule by purchasing a jaquard skirt with my lifestyle but it didn't really feel or look like what I think of as a jaquard. It was less dressy and softer. I purchased it in an 8 and it is a little loose so I wear it a little lower on my waist. Only drawback? The pockets. I know, since when are poclets a drawback? These are slit pockets right on my hips (directly below waistband) so they poke out a little adding bulk where I don't need any. That said, it is not drastic enough to warrant a return.
I have fallen in love with you. In just two shorts weeks I have banished all others and am declaring my undying devotion to you.
4. Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer (included in free gift set)
I really love their lipstick too, it doesn't feel like lipstick, clump or smell. I am hooked on this one in Bamboo Pink You should see my Clinique Wishlist. At Macy's they are having the free Clinique gift ($60 value) for any Clinique purchase over $21.95. Talk about a great deal. I have three gift sets already (shhhh......don't tell).
And lastly some Sunshine. I am such a bad blogger sometimes. I read (and thoroughly enjoy) all my comments on my phone but I don't normally get back to the computer enough to properly respond. I was lucky enough to I receive a Sunshine Award from Peggy and Lady Cardigan both of whom have great fashion blogs with wonderful senses of humor! Thanks ladies and sorry for the delay in posting the award!
Instructions for the award:
1. Put the logo on your blog within a post.
2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Okay, because I lagged thoroughly posting this award I noticed that it has gone through most of the blogs I frequent so I am going to cut my blogger number to 6. I know, I am a rule breaker....
1. Kelsey at Courageous Mother because she is my friend and I adore her!
2. Jan at The Girliest Boy Mom because I am convinced we were meant to be sisters
3. App Gal from Musings on the Mountain.....I know, I know....you are on an indefinite break but you still spread your sunshine around!
4. The Girls over at Sensibly Styled they are always ready to help with any fashion dilemmas
5. Chelcie at The Guilt Free Housewife such cute style and so budget friendly
6. J Crew Chick at About All and Nothing at All love her style, what more can I say?
And here is what I wore today, I pulled out the new hat tee again already it was a happy accident....such a comfy tee. I was going to wear the palmera with my dusty blossom maya cardigan but decided it was too pretty together to waste on a not going any where day (plus who wears silk around the house except for PJ's) then I decided to check out the color combo with the guava maya cardigan, then the guava reminded me of the pretty flower on my new hat shop tee so I pulled that out, realized the maya "twist" covered the flower but decided it was a winner for me today anyways. See, happy accident.
Maya Cardigan-J Crew
Lester Hat Shop Tee-J Crew
Coral Necklace-The Loft
Weekend Jeans-Old Navy