Monday, October 19, 2009

J Crew, I can always count on you.....part 1

So, I took that jacket back. It was a great jacket, I loved it but it did not make me want to pray for cold weather. So I headed far, far away to J. Crew and I am so glad I did, they did not disappoint. Here is the first part of my trip.

Stretch Flannel Olive Top in Heather Graphite



This top is beautiful on. The fit is so flattering and it is a very classic piece. It fits TTS and it can easily be used dressed up or down. That being said, I have a hard time spending $98 on a top that is not a statement piece. As soon as it drops under $60, I will grab it. If it never makes it to the sale section, I will be very sad and it may haunt me forever.

Ribbon Front Bow Top.
I had missed out on this one online after it went on sale but luckily that had one in the store. It is a fun top, pretty boxy but paired with a jacket or cardigan it has a fun element. I ended up having to size down to a 4 (they didn't have a 6 or 8) so it has a slight pull above my chest but for $19.99 I couldn't pass it up.

I paired it with a pair of black minnies which you definitely have to size down on. The 8's were fitted throught the leg and thigh but the waist was huge. The 6 fit much better but these pants were just not for me. I had high hopes but in the end I passed.
Stretch Wool Noir Shift Dress



I was suprised to still see some hanging in the sale section. i know some JCA's had issues with the fit, but for me it fit beautifully and I love the blue/black combination. I think this was a 6 but it could have been an 8. If I worked somewhere that would give me more occasion to wear it, it would be hanging in my closet now.


J Crew Ink-dot Print Dress



I was so happy to find this dress hanging all by its lonesome self and I was even happier to see it was a size 8, cha-ching! This dress is so fun and bouncy, with the navy and cream print will go well with so many colors. A size 6 might have fit a little snugger in the chest but the 8 was still good. I paired it here with the delightful Merino Maya Cardigan (Medium) in color code SGU which I think is Sweet Guava.

Me loveth. Me didn't buy. Me now see it is sold out online, uh oh. I usually would have walked by this sweater without looking but after seeing it on GiGi I made a point to seek it out and it is just lovely on. Simple and pretty, soft and flattering. This is a medium.

No comments: