Friday, November 20, 2009

Cascading Ruffles And An Upcoming Challenge

Sorry for the blurry photo, my camera man was a little bouncy this morning. I had a hard time getting a good pic of this top but hopefully you get the idea. Did I mention how glad I am that you all talked me into the cadscading ruffle shell from ATL? I would like the top portion better with jeans but that is a no no at work and I don't have any grey slacks anymore. When you have four boys and are usually a SAHM, you don't have a lot of call for dress pants and my pants from before my last pregnancy don't even have a remote chance of fitting.....so black it is.

I've noticed recently that my outfits are more and more current ATL items which means I am shopping outside too much and am not spending enough time in my own closet. However, next week I have a personal challenge for myself. I am going to pick a few pieces in my closet that I loved but have yet to wear because I found them challenging and I am GOING to either make them work or kick them to the curb.  Do you ever have this problem?

Shell from Ann Tayor Loft
Cardigan from Ann Taylor Loft
Bow belt from Old Navy
Black Ann pants from Ann Taylor loft
Mee Too Shoes

10 comments:

Buffy Alten said...

That looks Fabulous! I just bought the samr top and love it.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

that ruffled top looks great belted

What a fab idea

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

yup, I agree: good idea. Now if you wanna kick those unwanted items to any one of our curbs Im sure we'd be happy girls.:) Have a great weekend!
Sarah

amy kelinda said...

The color is so nice on you! And that challenge sounds fantastic. I have to do that too, since I tend to buy things that just sit in my closet unloved. Sad!

Unknown said...

You look fantastic! I totally agree with purging my closet periodically and only keeping the pieces I like best. This makes me appreciate what I have. It also makes it easier to get dressed and to feel good in what I'm wearing. When you only wear what you love, you always love what you wear (wow, that sounded much cornier than I intended). Your blog is lovely :)

MMM said...

Great outfit~ I love that color on you! :)

I am up for that challenge too! I am going to the Mall of America tomorrow so I will have to start after that of course! ;)

Kelsey said...

So cute!! And make sure whatever you kick to the curb actially gets kicked an extra block in front of my door, k?

Bianca C said...

You look very pretty in this top - very nice!!

That sounds like a good idea AND I think you will have a good time doing it. Sometimes I have to do the opposite where I make myself wear every item that still has tags on it. ;-P

There are some people who do a challenge where they do not buy anything new until they have worn everything in their closet once - the turn the hangers around as they were the items. I can't imagine being so disciplined!

Elaine said...

I ALWAYS have that problem. I still have clothes in my closet that haven't been seen on my blog and it's been 6 months!!!! So I'll have to take that challenge too! :) BTW, Love the pleated top!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

What a beautiful outfit!!
I am excited to watch your closet challenge. I think the same thing to myself all the time. I wear too many NEW items and don't wear enough of the things hanging in my own closet already. And you're right, if you can wear it, "kick it to the curb"! Great idea.