Monday, November 23, 2009

Odille Scalloped Lace Skirt

It took me a few outfit changes to find a cardigan that works in color and shape with this skirt. I think I may pick up this cardigan in ivory just so it is less distracting from the beauty of the skirt.

Odille Skirt for Anthropologie from eBay
Cami from The Loft
V Neck Shirred Cardigan from The Loft
Skinny Belt from J Crew
Nude Pumps by Apt 9 for Kohls

Unfortunately, the heels will not cut it for a nine hour work day on my feet so I had to do a wardrobe change. I am thinking of investing in J Crew's version since I love my nude patents so much.....any pointers on their fit or how comfortable their shoes are?

Here is how I ended up going to work today:



Ann Taylor V-Neck Cashmere Cardigan
Placed Petal Tee from The Loft
Marissa Skinny Pants from the Loft
Mee Too Shoes

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

I think that if you wore a a cardigan with the skirt that was ivory, it would be too monotone of an outfit...too much ivory, since the green of the skirt isn't very bright. I like the nude clored cardi, not sure what other color I'd try, though...hmmm...that's a hard skirt to pair up with.

LRA said...

Hi there, just recently discovered your blog, and I LOVE it!! You have great style,and I love all of your outfits, and IRL pic's and blog stories! Love to hear your daily schedule of being a mom:)

LRA said...

OH, btw, i just bought a pair of Me Too suede black ballet flats,and I LOVE THEM. I recently got them at Nordstrom. As a mom of an also very energetic two and a half year old boy and a teacher, I needed comfy, stylish flats. Mine have a silver buckle thing across the toe...SO COMFY.

amy kelinda said...

The skirt is AMAZING!!! I love it! I think you could even get away with a navy cropped cardigan with the skirt as well without it being too "busy." I have J.Crew's nude Cate slingbacks, and they run pretty true to size. I'm normally a size 6.5-7.5, and I got the Cates in a 7. So, for the most part, I guess that means J.Crew's shoes run pretty much in the middle?

MMM said...

I think this cardi looks great w/ the skirt! I also really like the ATL petal tee in the second outfit~ I have that tee too and I keep forgetting about it! =P

Thanks for sharing! :D

o said...

i love, love ur anthro skirt! the detailing is just beautiful! did u make it to anthropologie on black friday? they had some pretty good deals! although, it was pretty crowded in there lol

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com