Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Accidental Outfit

Don't you just love when you accidentally throw an outfit together that you end up loving? I had intended to wear my J Crew Ink-Dot dress with my Maya Cardigan but I just couldn't push my foot recovery by wearing my navy heels two days in a row. So, I tried a pleated flutter sleeve LBD from Target that I picked up after seeing it on GiGi . Since I am 5' 9", it is shorter on me (obviously) so I added tights and a black full slip under it since it is so light and goes up high when I bend.

The Maya Cardigan covered too much so I grabbed my ATL Ruffle Trim cardi while browsing and I liked the combo with the fabric belt. I decided for fun to try my red patent leather cinch belt from Kohls that had fallen on the floor and here was the end result:

Here is a close up of the details:


It may be a bit much, what do you think? I really liked it but I may be delusional from lack of sleep!

7 comments:

amy kelinda said...

I think it's super cute! The cardigan details are very subtle, so it doesn't compete with that great red belt. The red really punches up the grey and black palette too!

Unknown said...

It's not too much at all. I love it!

MMM said...

I think it looks cute! It's definitely NOT "too much"! Great job throwing it together. ;)

dinagideon said...

This is such a beautiful outfit. You positively glow! :)

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Looks great!

Debye said...

Thanks you guys, your comments made me feel more secure in this! I actually had a customer try to buy the belt off of me....of course I had to say no but I gave her directions to Kohls.

Peggy said...

i almost bought that belt the other day - now I wish I would have!!