Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Polka Dot Disaster Zone

First of all, you guys had some GREAT ideas! I am going to try the skirt again with the all black like a few of you mentioned. As soon as I read the idea of pairing this top with a dark jeans, a honey/mustard cardigan and the brown from my chunky belt I was sold.

So this morning I excitedly threw it all on and you know what, I still don't like the fit of this top on me. It is too short and I can't get it to tie right and the ruffle falls strange. I think my torso is just too long for it so the decision is made.....this top has gotta go.


But, it was not a total waste. I still loved the color combo and ideas for this outfit so I just changed it out with the navy dot tie front shell from ATL.....much better IMO.


Dot Tie Front Shell from Loft
Elle Skinny Jeans from Kohls
Mootsies Tootsies Shoes

Oh, and do I look a wee bit tired? Well it was worth it because my friend Kelsey let me tag along with her family of goofballs last night to see New Moon. It was so much better then Twilight and since it was my least favorite of the books, I was suprised to have enjoyed the movie so much. There were still some cheesy, poorly acted moments like when Jacob speeds down the hill on the dirt bike to check on Bella, his dismount from the bike looked like a Jack Black move from Saving Silverman yet it was meant to be dramatic versus the giggles we all chuckled. If you have seen it, I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about :o) Before anyone starts thinking less of me, I still loved the book New Moon I just spent the whole book waiting for Edward to come back making it my least favorite of the series. Team Edward...woohooo!

9 comments:

AppGal said...

I want to see New Moon so bad! I will probably have to wait till it comes out on DVD...there's no way my husband will be caught dead seeing it!

Love the final outcome of the outfit. You know that deep, honeyed yellow is my all-time favorite. It looks great with your skin tone.

Elaine said...

You're right. The first top was a little too short for you. I love the second the best!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Kelsey said...

I LOVE that top...that was the one I was waiting to see you wear. I do love the color combo, too. And thanks for coming with us last night, you can "tag along" anytime!!! ;)

Kelsey said...

I meant the first one, the downeast basics one.

Pamela said...

The second pairing with the cardigan looks GREAT!! I can't wait to see New Moon myself. It wasn't my favorite of the books either, so hearing your great review makes me excited!

Unknown said...

I love top #2, too. I wish I had accomplished more yesterday & today. Now I'll have to wait another week to see New Moon. I also wasn't into the 2nd book as much as #3 because I am also on Team Edward! :-)

Love the ny&co cardi on you!

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

LOVE that top in photo #1 but I agree that the 2nd pairing is best. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!:)
Sarah

Chelcie said...

There is NOTHING I hate more than a short fitting shirt!! you can't raise your arms up and you can't bend over, ugh the restriction! In that case I'm glad you decided to give it to a new home. Love the second outfit.

o said...

i am loving the color combo!:D just stumbled upon ur blog today. great blog! i agree, jacob's dismount off the bike was a bit too much hehe i'm team edward, too! LOL but i do love jacob's character:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com